- Published on Wednesday, 15 February 2012 09:21
Bijli Bachao is an initiative that aims to help residential & MSME customers to reduce their electricity consumption thereby reducing the monthly outflow of money towards electricity bill. The benefits of the initiatives are many folds:
1) People & business save money on their electricity bills.
2) Reduced energy consumption reduces our increasing dependence on a depleting resource: coal.
3) Reduced energy consumption from urban areas can help reducing energy poverty in the rural areas.
4) By burning less coal, we will reduce CO2 emissions, thereby protecting the environment.
Bijli Bachao's mission is to provide consumers the right kind of information so that they can make informed decision towards their electricity consumption.